Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Updates


Recently one of my whopping 4 followers told me I needed a happy post. Well, I finally have one!!! But first, you must know about the kittens I was socializing. They are from the litter my outside cat had. I raised Callie from a baby and turned her loose to be a barn cat when she was old enough. She's done a great job at picking off the mice and snakes around the place. But before we could get her put in a cage to be fixed, she had these little guys. Cute huh? There is a 4th one we still haven't caught and we've named her Lucy, because.. she's illusive. Get it? Yea, kinda corny.

Anyway, these cute little critters were born underneath my front porch on April 22nd and I got to witness my first ever live animal birth. It was quite amazing. When they were 6 weeks old, we took them from Callie because she wasn't even letting them eat solids yet. (She's STILL nursing Lucy) There were two boys (one black and the orange) and two girls (the other black and Lucy is a grey tabby). The boys warmed up right away and we found them homes quickly. They went within days of each other. But the other black, she's a different story. She was very standoffish and downright mean.

However, once the boys left, she immediately decided that she needed new friends, so she became loving and sweet in a matter of hours. Doesn't she look like a doll? She liked playing in the extra fish tank ornaments. Anyway, I finally found a home for her after several emails from different people. It was difficult meeting with her new owner, but with the news I just received, it was well worth it. I'll share some of the email here.

"I want to let you know about the kitten, she is an absolute joy! ..... she has really lightened things up!She still has her ball and her toilet paper roll, as well as mice and lots of other stuff...tonight her favorite things are the fruit loops I gave her...she is hopping, jumping, and meowing at them. Thank you so much for her. So far her name is 'Mija' (mee-ha) I keep calling her baby girl so i decided to use the Spanish I am studying and give her a Spanish name!"

Doesn't it sound perfect? I just love hearing happy endings and updates from the animals I've placed in new homes. So, there's only one thing left to say. Congratulations Mija!!

3 comments: