Sunday, July 26, 2009

Projects, Crashes, and Hormones.. OH MY!!

Well, this is the first chance I've really gotten to sit down and blog in like.. a week and a half! Boy have I been busy.. but I guess it makes the time go faster.
Take a look at my most favorite painting EVER! It is done in pointillism, which is amazing. Have a look. Really, its only relevance to today's blog is that I wish I were there. I'd be the lady with the little bitty dog.
Lots of stuff to tell. Little of this, little of that. First on the agenda:

We now have a new project. His name is John and he's a 15.2 HH bay quarter horse with a sweet looking blaze. We are planning on breaking him and selling him as a roping prospect. We do this from time to time for money and for experience. He will be the 4th one we've started. We are looking forward to it and I'll share his progress here.

Second, the day after we got John, my husband got CREAMED in a car wreck. He's fine but my poor car isn't. Stupid driver didn't even LOOK and then refused to talk to my husband. What is wrong with people? So, we're just thankful that our children weren't in the car at that time. It could have been very bad. Also, the more I deal with car insurance, the more I LOVE Progressive. They are so helpful. Love them. Love.

Third, my poor Baby (the rat terrier) has an incontinence issue AGAIN. We've done this off and on for a few years now. You might remember we gave her an antibiotic shot for her bladder infection, but she started wetting her bed again, so back to the vet. They've put her back on hormones to see if it will clear up then. Anyone ever heard of puppy menopause? Apparently, it exists and my poor Baby has it. GAH!

So, now I've got to get busy cleaning on my very neglected house. (Yea, I'm bad like that) I've already forked some hay over to the girls and John (because left unattended... 2 mares can kill an entire round bale of grass in 2 weeks flat.. or less if you don't grain 2x a day). And.. I get to plan next weekend's agenda (this time it's Tuesday through Friday) which includes moving some hot wire for new grazing, scratching the tilling because my dad so sweetly did that today (stupid stickers.. anyone got a remedy for goat heads PLEASE let me know), taking the fish tank out of my living room to make room for the playpen that we moved last weekend, going to the library, homework, and maybe some SLEEP if I'm lucky!! Everyone take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment