Monday, July 13, 2009

SKUNK!!!!!

It was about 10:00 last night. I just happened to con my husband into going out to take the fly mask off Keno and feeding the boys. I noticed some chicken eggs that were smashed outside the barn and hubby said he had seen them that morning, but didn't investigate. So, I trudge to the barn to see how many we had left and there was a.... SKUNK!!!!!

Talk about your back peddle. I didn't know I could run so fast in reverse! I ran smooth over the husband and halfway out in the pasture while hubby tried to get out of my way and ran for the shotgun.

Unfortunately, 4 shots and we couldn't hit him. I DON'T like varmints in my barn thank you very much. Afterwards, we threw an ENTIRE box of mothballs under the barn hoping it would deter him from coming back. It was no use though. He came back for the others sometime during the night and the nest is completely decimated now. The chicken has retreated to her old nest and is futilely trying to hatch her last batch of duds. I feel sorry for the chicken so fixing the coupe is now on the priority list.

Now that the excitement is over, I can go over the events of last night. Husband has said that skunks really are pretty and now I can admit that he was kind of cute, but I'm not planning on making him my pet or anything. Although, my mother-in-law had a descented one as a pet. NO thank you.

See y'all for the next country adventure. I'm off to the supermarket to stock up on tomato juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment